GAME AND BOARD RULES
- Player, guild or shop names that are pornographic, racist, offensive, rush, politically extreme or related to illegal activities are forbidden.
- Shop names that makes no sense, as example "asdfg" or "@@@@@@@" are forbidden and will be kicked. Repeat violators will be penalized.
- You are not allowed to use names which are similar or identical to those used by team members. Characters with those names will be banned.
- It is forbidden to use the teamler ranks "GM", "SGM", "GA", "TM", "GSR" and "CM" in your character, shop or guild name.
- Only English names are allowed for your shop name.
- Please be always polite to other players. Insulting, or flaming, other players is strictly prohibited.
- To threaten or to extort other players is forbidden and will be punished.
- If you think another player violated the game rules you contact a GM. Please make sure, that you have an evidence (screenshot, video) for this violation. We can better evaluate the situation if evidence is provided.
- Please realize that our response to violations may vary. We will assign penalties on a case-by-case basis.
- To coerce someone to do something that he doesn´t want to do is prohibited and will be banned permanently.
§2.1 Real-life threats
- It´s forbidden to threaten other players, Gates of Andaron Teamlers, Gameforge Employees or anyone else. If someone violates this rule we will ban him from our system. We may also ban the offender from other games from Gameforge, at our discretion. We also reserve the right to take legal action.
§2.2 Behavior when you trade with other players
- We don´t accept fraud.
- Repeatedly asking for an item, for money or anything else can be punished.
- We don´t refund anything that was lost as a result of fraud.
§2.3 New users
- Please remember, we all started as beginners. Because of this please be courteous to other players regardless of their knowledge of the game.
- If you trade with a lower level player please always be fair.
§2.4 Mission Maps
- Level limitations in the mission maps:
10 = Level 10-20
20 = Level 20-30
30 = Level 30-40
40 = Level 40-50
50 = Level 50-60
60 = Level 60-70
70 = Level 70-80
80 = Level 80-90
- You are not allowed to enter or reside in a mission map, if you are higher level as provided (except you are the mentor of a player who has this level). Violators will be punished.
- The forum rules are valid for forum postings and the comment system in the game content database (lexicon).
- Individual forums can have sub forums with special rules. These rules are valid for this specific sub-forum and will be moderated by the board team.
- Please always write your posts in English.
- The Terms and Conditions and the German legal documents are valid for all forum postings and comments in the game content database (lexicon). The provider of this website cannot be held liable for content that violation of the copyright. The provider explicitly states that users must respect the copyright.
- Posts with pornographic, politically extreme, morally dangerous or illegal content as well as related links are strictly forbidden. This is also valid for: Keys, Hacks, Cracks, Cheats, Bots and other illegal things as well as download pages and “Warez”.
- It´s forbidden to post content, links, user nicks, etc., that´s intended to flame or insult other players. This is also valid for content that provoke or annoy other players.
- Posts that aren’t related to the topic of the thread or forum (e.g. spam or off-topic) and post hunting will be removed.
- It´s forbidden to sell accounts, items and resources for real money. It is also to exchange or trade accounts.
- It is not permitted to advertise for or to post links of games that´s aren´t published by Gameforge.
- The players are not allowed to publish support tickets.
- It´s not permitted to ask for or discuss about bans from other players.
- It´s forbidden to pretend to be a member of the game team. This is valid for all possible ways! (As example: Nicknames, Postings, etc.)
- It´s forbidden to abuse the report button in the forum.
§3 Chat in the game
- The official language for the game, the board and the public IRC channel #gatesofandaron.com is English.
- This is also valid for all possible content (as example guild-announcements, shops, etc.).
- Please always behave as well and speak respectful with other players.
- Please don´t spam. It´s forbidden to repeat the same message again and again.
- Links that didn´t a part of Gates of Andaron are forbidden.
- Messages with information to cheats, hacks, bots or similar are forbidden and will be punished.
- Advertising for websites that aren´t a part of Gates of Andaron is forbidden.
§4 Bugusing / Exploits
- If you find a bug you have to report this bug to our ticket system (support.gatesofandaron.com).
- You are not allowed to use bugs (i.e. exploit) for your advantage. This will be punished.
- It´s forbidden to enter in a closed map. This is considered exploiting and will be punished.
- It´s forbidden to exploit the game mechanics in ways that are not intended.
§5 Manipulation / Scripting
- It´s absolutely forbidden to manipulate the Gates of Andaron game data (the Gates of Andaron program)!
- Anybody using game-related software that isn´t produced, published or approved by Gameforge will be banned.
- Also it´s forbidden to use programs that automate game procedures.
- In addition it´s forbidden to use bots/keyboard simulation and the macro function from some keyboards.
§6 Access data
- Every player is committed to keep his access data secret. It´s not allowed giving the data to another person. Gameforge assumes no liability for damages caused by negligence.
- Please choose a long and complex password.
- Please note; the Gates of Andaron-Team will NEVER ask you for your password.
§6.1 Account exchange
- In relation to our Terms and Conditions it is not allowed to exchange your accounts.
§7 Handling with the team
- You have to respect and follow instructions and decisions from the Gates of Andaron team.
- It´s not allowed attacking a team member (except he allowed it).
- The gamemasters are not allowed to give you items or gold. They won´t help you to speed your level up and they don´t let spawn monsters.
- Please note; the Gates of Andaron-Team will never ask you for your password or items.
- Discomfort about sanctions could be discussed in our ticket system (support.gatesofandaron.com).
- The public discussion about a specifically sanctions is not allowed.
- If you disagree with a punishment or something else please contact the next higher instance. That could be a super-gamemaster, gameadmin or lead gamemaster, team manager or the community manager.
Team-Members will use the following in front of their nicks:
- [LGM] / [GA]
Players not using these or in changed form are not members of the game team.
- Instructions of the game team have to be obeyed.
- Ignoring the instructions of the game team can result in the exclusion from the event or in a ban.
- Do not bother the team members currently organizing an event.
- Complaints are to be made via the ticket system
- Asking for prizes is strictly forbidden.
- Users are allowed to have and use more than one account.
- If one of your accounts is banned permanently all other accounts can be banned, too.
§10 Fan sites
- If you want to create a fan site of the game and use the graphics from the official website, you have to ask the community manager for permission to use these graphics.
- Please use the ticket system to ask for permission.
Violations of these rules can result in the following:
- A warning
- Ban of an account - temporarily or permanent. This depends on the severity of the violation.
- Trying to circumvent penalties will result in a 30-day ban.
Please be advised that the Gates of Andaron Team can punish players even without violating one of these rules.
These rules are subject to change if the Gates of Andaron Team sees fit.
Gates of Andaron and every other Gameforge game are subject of the T&C of Gameforge 4D.